Wednesday, June 4, 2014

"Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall...."

 pen and ink on vellum, 9x12", added lines and touch-up digital

You may not see it here, but there is a lot of other elements to this work that made it into the piece you see in front of you. During the pain-staking Perspective for Illustrators class I just had, I have learned a lot from how to plot reflections in perspective, to how to draw all things in perspective with four simple constructions. Through the many failed attempts, this was one of the couple I deem worthy for my audience.
What I like the most about this work is the mirror. As a child I always thought of the Queen's mirror as a huge, powerful character that comes with a huge and powerful influence to the Queen's everyday life. All of my peers and friends told me they never have seen that interpretation before and really enjoyed that. I am glad that I was able to show how I felt about that mirror, in all its grandeur.